Sunday, April 4, 2010

What on Earth is an iPad?

Like many people, I had heard that Apple was preparing to launch something called an iPad. I understood that it was some kind of reading device, but I am not really one of these high-tech folks.

The farthest I had gone in this direction is publishing my books online, and more recently, publishing them as e-books. I knew that you require an e-book reader, also known as an e-reader, to download and read e-books, or you could use other devices for the same purpose. I don't even have an e-book reader. All this iPad talk flew right past my ears.

Then on March 30, 2010, I got a message from lulu.com, which read in part:

Congratulations! Africans and Americans: Embracing Cultural Differences, one of the most popular books on Lulu, has been selected for submission to Apple's new iBookstore (accessible on the iPad)....

That woke me up. I started reading about the iPad, while taking the steps specified by lulu.com to prepare my book for the iBookstore.

No comments: