Sunday, December 28, 2014

My "Africans and Americans" Book in Hard Cover

On December 26, I received the first ever hard cover copy of my Africans and Americans: Embracing Cultural Differences. The week before, I had gone back to the lulu website and created the hard cover edition of the book which is now available from my online bookstore.



From time to time, over the years, I have thought about books in hard cover. My assumption has always been that such is the book format preferred by libraries. I was, nevertheless, aware that some people buy hard cover editions of books, even if paperback editions are available, which are cheaper.




I myself have many hard cover books. I cherish them on account of their durability, but also because I feel they have an aura of specialness. I cannot explain this, it being just my subjective feeling. I guess every person has a reason for buying hard cover books. Sometimes, of course, we have no other option.

I am happy to have the hard cover edition of my book, happy that it is available to the world, alongside the kindle edition, which I mentioned in an earlier blog post.

No comments: