Sunday, August 8, 2021

My Book Cover Designer Passed Away

I am sad to write here that Barbara Pietrzak Nelson, designer of the covers of my book, Africans and Americans: Embracing Cultural Differences, passed away last year. If you have a copy of the book, you will see her name at the beginning, on page iv.

Barbara was a warm, gentle, and lively person who took a great and genuine interest in my work and always cheered and inspired me with her dreams of what an influencer I was destined to be. She was adamant about this, from the time she got to know me and designed my first Africonexion website and in subsequent months when she maintained it.

She sought to help me realize my dreams through the work she did on the website. Upon my request, she even made the green cover of my book a little lighter on the top than on the bottom. May she rest in Eternal Peace. Amen.

No comments: