Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Reader Comments on my Book

Writers probably wonder whether anyone is reading what they write. On this score, I have no reason to worry. I get many comments from my readers, especially readers of my Africans and Americans book.

I have just seen a short but poignant review at Amazon.com, which touched me on account of its brevity and deftness, saying much in a few words. I like its gentle caution to readers who might have illusions about this book, while, as I say in the Introduction, it is really just a collection of anecdotes sprinkled with a few snippets of commentary. That is exactly the kind of book I wanted to write, because it is the kind of book I wanted to read.

I greatly appreciate readers' comments, delightful and inspiring as they come.

No comments: