Tuesday, February 8, 2022

My Visit to the Catholic University College of Mbeya


From January 27 to 29, 2022, I was at the Catholic University College of Mbeya (CUCoM), a constituent college of the Saint Augustine University of Tanzania (SAUT). I had been invited to give a talk titled "Africans and Americans: Embracing Cultural Differences."

As it turned out, my two day visit was filled with engagements. I had extensive conversations with individual professors, such as Dr. Ernest Kitindi and Dr. Joshua Madumula, and a special meeting with the College principal, Dr. Romuald Haule, which focused on establishing links between the CUCoM and U.S. colleges and universities.

During my talk, I commended the Catholic University College of Mbeya for inviting me to talk about cultural differences, a topic that is vital in our world which is increasingly becoming a global village. CUCoM's dream of establishing links with foreign institutions will involve thinking about, and dealing with, cultural differences at many levels. With this in mind, I gave the CUCoM library copies of my two books: "Africans and Americans: Embracing Cultural Differences" and "Chickens in the Bus: More Thoughts on Cultural Differences."

I will write more about what I learned and what transpired during my visit. For now, I just wish to say that I was inspired and gratified by the whole experience.

No comments: