Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Tour Guides at my Arusha Talk


On January 8, 2022, I gave a talk in Arusha on "challenges of cultural differences," a topic I have dealt with for years under the umbrella of Africonexion: Cultural Consultants.
The organizer and hostess of the event was Ama, an African American woman residing in Arusha. People from different nationalities attended, but mostly Americans and Tanzanians.
Among the Tanzanians who attended were toyr guides from a company called Rift Valley Cultural Tourism, based in Karatu. The director had obtained copies of my Africans and Americans: Embracing Cultural Differences and shared them with the tour guides.

When they hear that I was scheduled to give a talk, they decided to attend. We were happy to meet.After the talk, we took a photo, and some of them are seen holding my book. Tour guides are among the people who find my book indispensable. In 2007, for example, the owner of Arusha-based J.M. Tours, a Finnish woman, got copies of the book for her tour guides, and they liked it very much, as I reported here.
I salute Rift Valley Cultural Tourism for discovering and utilizing this resource, and I am ready to continue collaborating with them. Besides my books, which are vailable online, tour guides and other people can follow my YouTube channel.

No comments: