Saturday, May 21, 2022

I MIGHT WRITE ANOTHER CULTURE BOOK

On August 25, 2021, I published a book, Chickens in the Bus: More Thoughts on Cultural Differences, a sequel to my Africans and Americans: Embracing Cultural Differences. After publishing these two books, I felt that I didn't need to write another culture book.

Then, several weeks ago, I launched an online program I call "Cross Cultural Conversations," which I have been conducting every Saturday. I give talks by Zoom and engage participants in reflecting on various topics relating to differences between African and American culture.
In the process, I find myself going deeper into issues I addressed in my books, and even introducing new insights and perspectives on those issues. I now feel that if I continue this way, I will eventually publish another book, probably titled "Cross Cultural Conversations." This will take time, certainly some years.

No comments: