Friday, February 20, 2015

My "Africans and Americans" Book in the Kindle Store

A few weeks ago, I reported on this blog that I had just created a Kindle version of my book, Africans and Americans: Embracing Cultural Differences. I did not say how and why I decided to produce the book in that format.

However, I did state the reasons on my Swahili blog. I wrote that I wanted to keep up with changes in technology. I also said that I was basically forced to go the Kindle way by an experience I had had at a Twin Cities Book Festival.

At that Festival, a gentleman stopped by my vendor table and started checking my books. Holding the Africans and Americans book, which he apparently liked, he asked whether it was available on Kindle. I replied, with some embarrassment, that it wasn't. He told me plainly that he flies regularly, and he doesn't want to carry around a load of books. He prefers e-books.

That conversation weighed upon my heart for months and forced me to think seriously about making my book available on Kindle. Consequently, as I noted on this blog, I succeeded, after some attempts, and, as the saying goes, the rest is history.

The book is now available in the Kindle store. It is also available as a printed book at Amazon, as well in my online store, where it first appeared.

No comments: