Monday, August 31, 2015

Comments on my "Africans and Americans" Book

I always like to acknowledge readers of my books who take the trouble to share their comments publicly. I appreciate their generosity of spirit very much. Here are such comments on my book, Africans and Americans: Embracing Cultural Differenes, from Amazon.com, which indicate the book format the reader bought.

By Professional Strong Man on August 6, 2009
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
Mbele takes on the arduous task of comparing American and African cultural differences, focusing mostly on Tanzanian culture and customs - and he does this in less than 100 pages. Anyone interested in this topic will find mostly anecdotal comments and observations from someone who has spent time on both continents. In the end Mbele notes that people are different and that we should embrace and accommodate our differences as much as possible. This is a good book with good information to consider if you are traveling to Africa anytime soon or hosting an exchange student from Africa.

I am traveling to Tanzania later this year as part of a faculty exchange program and found Mbele's comments and observations useful. I was very glad to discover that many Tanzanians appreciate good beer and that the overall pace of life is a bit slower than that found in the US. I'm was already looking forward to the trip and after reading this book I am even more excited. Asante sana Prof. Mbele!
  
By Ruth Ann Baker on June 9, 2015
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Learned some things I don't think I could find elsewhere. There is Lots of info on relationships and social etiquette.

By NatalieD on August 30, 2015
Format: Kindle Edition Verified Purchase
Excellent information for Tanzanian and American travelers alike.

No comments: